Wednesday, August 8, 2012

USE WHAT YOU HAVE.....

My motto.  My house is full of created style without having to purchase new things.  I've worked with hand-me-downs and edited the things that I do have or grouped them to make something special and visually pleasing.  Here are some examples of ways to create a beautiful space using something you might just already have.

I love the use of these black and white photographs to not only create a piece of art all its own, but it also creates shape and interest that add to the whole of this vignette.  The second photo is totally different with its use of postcards to create a very balanced grid and creates another great visual effect.  Lastly, a girl after my own heart.....having too many magazines and books is a theme in our house, so I love it when people use these collections of mundane items to make something architectural or into a piece of furniture.
photo by james braund
photo via design*sponge, by kirstin ellis
photo by chris warnes, via Desire To Inspire

No comments: