Monday, April 2, 2012

a new beginning

Thanks to the talented photographer Sarah Wilson, I did my first photo shoot of interiors.  We took some photos of my house to use for marketing and commercial purposes for Purveyor - the name that I am currently using for my design and decorating business.

I wish I had known that I would be doing this when we first bought the house 2 1/2 years ago, so that I had "before" photos.  But, I can tell you that everything was yellow!  Every wall, ceiling, and even the trim was a yellowed off white.  So, we painted everything, well except for this room -WHITE!  I also had the inside of the window frames and many of the doors painted black in the winter.  I love the effect that it gives.  It brings out the details in the old house, but also gives it modern take on an old idea.  You will see the repetition of black and white throughout the house as the blog goes on.  Welcome!

DIYs - Painted the original old light fixture with school bus yellow glossy spray paint
         - covered the chair seats myself with Ikea cotton fabric

No comments: